Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Moving Vegetables...?

My first full day at the office. Finally a chance to get caught up on e-mail. Nothing new to report yet but hopefully I’ll have written back to most of you and/or set up this weblog soon, instead of saving these on my laptop for later posting. I learned today that about 50% of my job will likely involve a project to help transport vegetables from farms to market more effectively. Tomorrow I make another trip to the field. This time I’m going to Svai Rieng province on the Vietnamese border overnight to see one of our irrigation projects and/or a factory producing fertilizer pellets. To think that I was worried about being cooped up in an office before I arrived here. ;) I’m back in the office later this week to begin meetings concerning the vegetable transport project.

2 Comments:

At March 18, 2005 12:49 PM, Blogger Chris said...

heyyyyyyy!!!

sounds so awesome! especially the cockroaches part. If I were there, I would do a toast with you, holding the cockroaches by the stinger, going "cheers!", and then shooting them back and going 'AAAAAAHHHHHHH!'

haha, look forward to the other posts.

 
At March 29, 2005 10:38 PM, Blogger Adam Kaufman said...

Chris: Come visit. We can do snails and spiders too! ;)

Anne: Glad you're enjoying the posts. :)

Adina: Happy to be able to drag you kicking and screaming into the modern age. ;) No kidding about the wealth disparity but we've already chatted about that by e-mail. Sadly, no takers on the Tilley for cow trade. Probably for the best. My neighbours in the big city probably wouldn't appreciate livestock living in a second floor flat. ;)

Vicki: Thanks! I miss UW too. Glad to hear the Eng play went well. I gather you've been getting more invovled with EWB too. Good on you!

Glen: Long time no speak. Glad I could bring back some memories for you. I remember your shots of New Zealand once inspired me to travel more. Happy I can return the favour.

Sam: Understood. I will lose the Tilley Hat at Angkor Wat. It's the closest to Sinai we've got around here. ;) I stand by the purchase too. Many thanks to said anonymous donor. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home